Student Support Spring 2020
Lane Support Hub
For the duration of Spring Term, all students at Lane have been added into the Lane Support Hub on Moodle. This site includes live help during business hours (8-5, M-F) by chat and Zoom video as well as an asynchronous help forum, where we'll aim to respond as soon as possible (within 24 hours).
You can refer students to the Support Hub by adding this link to your class: https://classes.lanecc.edu/course/view.php?id=103584 OR you can reply to this email if you'd like it added to your class as a sidebar link or link at the top of the page.
The Lane Support Hub is a resource for students with both technical and academic questions. We have tutoring from all areas of campus available (described below) as well as technology assistance from the SHeD. The Hub will also include some basic tips on accessing and succeeding from remote/online courses. We've also built in links to as many campus resources as we could find.
Spring Term Tutoring Information - Find Us in Moodle in the Lane Support Hub
Find (or meet) your favorite tutor or Early Outreach Specialist online in the Get Help Here: Lane Support Hub in Moodle. All spring term students are enrolled in this free Moodle support space. Go there to set up Zoom appointments with tutors, find links and handouts, and learn about how to chat with and email tutors.
- For questions about tutoring or Early Outreach, call 541-357-7209 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- For email or chat support, email email@example.com between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- For Zoom-based appointments with tutors, you can go directly to lanecc.mywconline.com. Appointments are available 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday, and 10:00 - 2:00 Saturday.
- For email-based feedback on papers, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive feedback within 24 hours for papers submitted Monday - Friday and within 48 hours over weekends.
- If you need support at times when Lane tutors are unavailable, try Live eTutoring.
Tutoring is free for all Lane students with a current L#.